Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sweet tea and lots of R&R

This Christmas break has been very relaxing for me. I came home with about a week before Christmas and have spent a lot of my time relaxing with my family. Most of you know that my family lives in Tennessee so I'm soaking up sunshine and some warmer temperatures this break. I have also been making sure to get enough sweet tea to keep me going until I come back south again. Its really nice to take time off from a busy semester and get back to the basics doing things I enjoy.


This break I have started some new hobbies that I have always wanted to try. What better time to get crafty and try new things! I have always wanted to learn how to crochet and finally after a little instruction from my Mom and some books I'm crocheting like crazy. I am currently working on a scarf and maybe next year I will try knitting. I also have created terrariums! These are so easy to make and take minimal care to keep them going. My Mom saved me a handful of different glass containers from Mason Jars to spaghetti jars and I googled how to make them. I was inspired after thinking how nice some plants in my room at school would be especially as we get into the winter months.  I have also been beading making glass beaded bracelets and necklaces. I sold some of them at the SMC MOVE International market in December which helped contribute money towards my trip. All of these crafty hobbies of mine can be done on a small budget and when I'm back at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment