Friday, January 6, 2012

how was your internship? can you talk about what you did?

Hey! Well my internship at Volunteers For Peace turned out to be such a valuable experience. I gained great relationships and skills by interning with this non profit. In my last month at VFP I really focused on helping increase VFP's influence through social media on Twitter, Facebook, and through other sources. I helped them increase their followers and taught my supervisors how to use these pages to help VFP reach out to people and past volunteers. I used what I have learned through blogging at SMC and what I have also taught myself to help promote the organization. Prior to focusing on VFP's social media I worked on inquiries, helped out with organizing an event and learned a lot about different aspects of the organization.

VFP is such a great organization and they asked me frequently if I had questions or if I wanted to be working on anything specific. Using my blogging skills helped them tremendously. This coming semester I will be interning at Vermont Workers Center and can't wait to share the work I will be doing with them around the campaign Healthcare is a Human Right. I haven't officially started at VWC but will update you once the semester is under way!

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment