Monday, January 30, 2012

Skiing in the morning and interning in the afternoon

Hello everyone!

In my last post I promised to tell you a little bit more about my crazy awesome schedule and new internship. I wanted to begin by telling you how I generally spend my Mondays. Being a senior I have been able to set up a sweet schedule that allows me time to ski around my classes, internship, and job. Monday's are my skiing morning and a way for me to begin the week well. Today, I skied some fresh pow pow....or powder! We finally got some more accumulation at the mountain so I skied until noon enjoying my mountain nature time.

My afternoons for two days out of the week are dedicated to interning at the Vermont Workers Center.The VWC seeks  The organization stands for justice in all different kinds of ways. From seeking an "economically just and democratic Vermont in which all residents have living wages, healthcare, childcare, housing, and transportation." They are such a wonderful organization that does great things for the community and the state and is already teaching me so much. .
http://www.workerscenter.org/

My role as an intern is mostly helping the media committee through social media expansion, distribution through public access television, radio, video, and documenting events VWC is a part of. I guess you can say that I'm helping people of Vermont and VWC members share their stories. I'm taking my blogging & social media skills I have learned and helping apply it to benefit the VWC. Here is our latest video we have made that were beginning to share and distribute! I'm excited to share all of this with you! Feel free to ask me any questions about it!

2 comments:

  1. Good evening, Beth - I've a Google Alert set up for "public access television" which is how I saw your post today. You and VWC may be interested in the Google maps and spreadsheets the Community Media Database has put together - check them out at http://bit.ly/VTcmdb and http://bit.ly/boopXY . Cheers! ~ Rob McCausland

    ReplyDelete