Wednesday, January 25, 2012

So many things, where do I begin?

Hello! Happy second semester and congratulations to any recently accepted students to SMC!!! I have heard some awesome questions from a few accepted students, but if ya'll think of more don't hesitate to ask me!!

This semester has begun so fast and as I write this I'm thinking how it's my last semester here at SMC which is too sad to spend any more time thinking about. I am taking some awesome classes and thought maybe I would share them. So, I'm taking a class on Refugees, Social Deviance and Norms, Dance Jazz class, and my new internship with Vermont Workers Center. The best part is I have an awesome schedule and am getting to do and study things I love. (The perks of being a Senior). I promise to share in a later post all about the Workers Center and what I am doing with them.

For my Refugee class I'm excited about one of our requirements which is mentoring or volunteering with refugees in the community. I have been paired with a first grader named Taha who is adorable and so much fun to play with. I am loving this component of class as I get to learn about his country while also sharing things I love to do. A lot of classes at SMC have a service component and I believe that it truly helps connect what's being talked about in the classroom to something more tangible and relateable.

Stay tuned for more updates on my awesome and busy semester and what else I am doing! Thanks for reading!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment