Thursday, October 6, 2011

Building Peace through a Peace Dove



Who would have thought that I would get to spend some of my time at my internship helping build a peace dove for Burlington. Now you probably are scratching your head trying to picture what a peace dove is. Well, the dove is going to be created from paper and some other pretty simple innovative material. The dove will be like a puppet and will be worn in the John Dewey parade by someone! 

By helping build the dove I also get to meet some pretty awesome people. Here in the picture is Frank who inspires and remind's me to be creative and think outside the box again. Frank tells the best stories and has done some pretty cool things like building over 100 of these birds along with other animals! The structure of the bird is mostly made from tightly rolled up newspaper. It is actually very sturdy! I love getting to meet past volunteers of VFP along with other people from the community who all bring something different and unique to the table when we come together to create the dove. 

No comments:

Post a Comment