Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The craziness of Senior Year

Who ever thought that so much could happen and change during the first month of senior year? Well I never anticipated this. Jumping into senior year I never imagined myself being this busy and having so many things to constantly be doing. Updating my resume, attending grad fairs, researching graduate schools, and thats not even  my homework.

I knew that I was going to have a busy semester since I'm taking two big Anthropology courses one being my capstone and the other Research and Theory, but I have never been this busy. Sometimes I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Yes, being this on this occupied can be a little overwhelming at times I'm also learning to embrace it and appreciate it. For instance I'm in classes that I really like studying or doing research on things that interest me. My research for one of my classes has been a way for me to explore an interest of mine, Buddhism and meditation.



Something I have used to help re-center myself and help regain control over my very busy schedule has been meditation. For my research and theory class I had to choose a topic/place/ organization to research about and conduct interviews etc. I chose the Shambhala Center and I have found that my research has been very relaxing. I've attended a few hour long open meditation sessions, a Shambhala cafe, and will continue attending more events.

Despite all my busyness I'm getting to do things I really like or are interested in. Getting to live Senior year around how I want to spend my time is pretty awesome. And Saint Mike's has allowed me to find my passion and provide me the tools to cultivate it and keep learning and exploring! I will do my best and blog more around my busyness!


No comments:

Post a Comment