Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When in Rome

   Two weekends ago my program (API) took us on a three day long weekend adventure to the city of ruins, Rome! Arriving in Rome we were greeted by the rain that stopped abruptly while we were on our tour in front of the Spanish Steps. Blue sky and sunlight  broke through just before we made our way towards the Trevi fountain. In every city I have been to during this trip I always fall in love with one thing; the pizza I ate in Pisa, Stone Henge in England, and in Rome it was the Trevi Fountain. I have watched so many movies where the main character journeys to Rome that I was excited to finally star in my own adventure to Rome. Seeing the Trevi Fountain in all these movies intrigued me so when I finally saw it I was amazed. During this trip I kept remembering all the movies and scenes that took place around the city. I felt mostly like Audrey Hepburn in the film, Roman Holiday. ( I even considered getting a haircut).
     Throughout the weekend I also made a lot of "When in Rome do as the Romans" jokes! When else does this saying really apply....imagine how bad my jokes would be if I was in Rome for the whole semester! We were in Rome for 3 days and I was satisfied with seeing all we did. My favorite part was seeing the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps at night when they were all lit up! Rome is completely different from Florence and felt like it's own country. Despite some rain and thunderstorms the sun always returned allowing me to capture some great photos! Take a Look.






St. Peters Church/Vatican

Sistine Chapel

St.Peter's 


Bridge of Angels 


Trevi Fountain at night

Spanish Steps at night





                                                            Pantheon

No comments:

Post a Comment