Thursday, December 30, 2010

The weather outside is frightful!

Hey everyone!

After a cozy WHITE Christmas here in Tennessee I'm beginning to prepare myself for second semester. One of the funniest things I keep hearing lately when I tell people I go to school in Vermont is "oh you know it's cold up in Vermont?" Yes, indeed it's chilly, but the funny thing is it's not just my neighbours from Tennessee saying this, but friends and family up and down the east coast. You say Vermont and people immediately go oh wow it's cold their.

I want to be straight with you and tell you yes Vermont can be cold, but without it's weather you wouldn't be able to have some of the best winters ever! The snow in Vermont this year started at the end of October I want to say or early November. So if you are a skier or a snow lover then it can be a nice treat before Christmas. In the winter there are so many Mountains to explore and fresh powder to shred (even on the bunny hill). I'm going to let ya'll in on the fact that I have now only down hill skied for 2 years! I learned freshmen year and fell in love, but before my love for shooting down the mountain occurred I loved winters in Vermont because of sledding on campus, going to down town Burlington (especially to see the lights lining Church street or part of the lake frozen), and I love curling up for long movie marathons with my friends. So, even if your not a cold weather lover or skier Vermont is still such a cool place to be during the winter months. Hey, at least the people know how to drive in the snow and they clear the roads off !

My snow down here in Tennessee may have melted, but I'm gearing up and getting ready for an awesome winter up at school. Just take a look at this video I found of SMC and it's winter wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment