Wednesday, April 6, 2011

i was wondering if you could talk about your experience as a soc/anthro major.

I love being a Soc./ Anthro major especially because of our department. The professors have so much experience and knowledge about areas and different cultures which really makes classes interesting.I took my first Anthropology class and knew this was something I wanted to do and have made that happen. One of the ways has been through studying abroad which is a requirement for the major now. And SMC has an awesome study abroad program that has so many choices of countries and makes the process easy on students. I've also been volunteering in the area a lot and for some classes volunteering is a component. Burlington also has a large amount of refugees so learning about refugees and then getting to meet some and work with them has been very rewarding. I've worked with a Bhutanese refugee girl for a bit and that was a great way to actually apply skills and what I've learned about being an anthropologist from class to my time with her. Right now I'm looking to set up an internship for next semester at the organization Volunteers for Peace or at a shelter in Burlington. . I hope this answer is what you were looking for.

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment