Tuesday, April 12, 2011

1/2 Marathon!

Right after the race!
Hey guys, so this past Saturday I ran a half marathon (13.1) and completed my New Years resolution! I signed up for the race in January and began running frequently. With the snow and chilly weather most of my training took place on the inside track in Tarrant. Finally, race day arrived falling conveniently on parents weekend so my Mom could come cheer me on. I could not have asked for a better day to run, the sun was out and I got to run along the bike path along Lake Champlain in Burlington.

I finished the 13.1 miles in 2:13:40 which was fine by me! I plan to continue to run and maybe one day do a full marathon! This weekend overall turned out to be a blast hanging out with my Mom and enjoying the warm Spring weather that has now come!

1 comment: