Monday, September 6, 2010

Firenze




Ciao Ciao!

So I have been in Florence for a week and am just beginning school this week. And man has it been an adventure so far! I am slowly learning my way around the citta and am working on my Italian each day. A few days ago our group took a cooking class which was so much fun. We prepared for an appertizo egg plant sliced with zucchini, potatoes, and cheese in between the three slices. For dinner we had linguini pasta hand made with a vegetable sauce. The sauce consisted of three tomatoes, 2 zucchini, and the inside of the eggplant. For dessert we made Tiramisu which were delicious. It was so fun how to learn how to make this and we got the recipes.

Our program API has students living in different parts of the city so one day each group in a specific neighborhood got a tour of there area. This was very helpful because our tour guide, Guido, told us the cheaper places to buy stuff from and was very helpful! I have never lived in a city or on my own really so this is all new to me. I live with three other girls and we all get along really well. Last night we had a big family dinner and invited some friends over so we could make a lot of food! Our apartment also has a rooftop terrace which is so sweet and that's where I like to go and write or drink my coffee and think about everything I've been doing.

Above is the Duomo and part of the view and the second photo is looking straight out!

Everything in Italy is so unique and beautiful. I love being able to see the Duomo and all these beautiful historical building and statues everyday! And I walk everywhere so it lets me really take in my new city.




Today I began classes and only had Italian which was an adventure just to get there and find the room. I am in small class, but am so excited for the semester because my Professor seems really nice. I am also taking a philosophy class, Food and culture, and Travel writing class! My schedule is so different from what I usually do at SMC, but once I get into a routine it will be great.

Everyday seems to be a new adventure whether I'm trying to buy my textbooks, find a market, or just simply buy fruit at the supermarket. (You have to wear gloves when you buy fruit and vegetables you never touch it!) I will post a link to my photos and write again very soon!

Ciao !

No comments:

Post a Comment