Friday, October 22, 2010

Chocolate, chocolate, and some more Chocolate!

When you think chocolate festival what do you think of first? You probably think chocolate fountains and copious amounts of chocolate everywhere. Well your in luck that's one way to describe Perugia's chocolate festival held every fall. Perugia is known for their chocolate and chocolate factory. So every year this festival has been growing and becoming a place for chocolatiers (love this word) to introduce new and different kinds of chocolate and see if people like it. I happened to be very fortunate because for my food and culture class we took a fieldtrip to the festival!







 This is Spicy Chocolate with Chili Pepper in it! Very hot but interesting.




When we arrived we all got these chocolate cards that give you discounts and some free stuff from different stands. With our cards and our map be began our scavenger hunt of finding the stalls that gave away free stuff! Several streets and Piazza's have stands or stalls of different kinds of chocolate. You think of it and they probably had it. Our first sampling was of this chocolate coffee strong drink which was a little too potent after just one sip. From their we got hot chocolate (cioccolata caldo), which we ended up having 3 times because it was that delicious. You could buy so much chocolate in some many different ways- bars, truffles, blocks, on a banana, on chestnuts, and in fun shapes! I don't think I have ever eaten that much chocolate in one day.

After filling up our card and making several laps around the stands, my friend Nina and I went in search of real food! We ended up stumbling upon a pub called Joyce's. (I was excited because I lived in Joyce freshmen year...J4 <3>  The trip was a success and I got to try new chocolates making it the best class field trip so far!

I am off for the next week and a half to London and Spain for my fall break. I will update ya'll on my travels immediately once I return!


Ciao for now,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment