Sunday, July 11, 2010

my summer in a nutshell

Hey everyone I thought I would check in and tell you what I have been doing and update you on things before I go on POW and begin my Florence Adventure. So this summer, I returned home to Tennessee to work and spend time with my family after living on campus last summer!

Home has been terrific and I have been reading some great books and getting plenty of time to experiment with my cooking and baking. I love going to the farmers market and cooking with local ingredients that are in season. Right now I am listening to The girl with the Dragon Tattoo on my ipod and reading Catch 22. I have been working a bit and preparing for my week up at SMC for POW (pre-orientation weekend).

I have also turned into a movie fanatic watching them all the time and scoping out the five dollar DVD's at Target! Recently, I have watched Eagle Eye and Persuasion which are two very different movies. If you have any good suggestions let me know I like a wide variety!

It has also been the longest time I have been away from SMC making me really miss campus and being up at school. Don't get me wrong my favorite season is summer, but one of my favorite places is Vermont, especially at school.

So, after POW, I will blog about the great experience and in some future posts give ya'll a taste of Nashville and the south. So stay posted and enjoy the sunshine!


~beth

No comments:

Post a Comment