Monday, June 7, 2010

Embrace your Inner Child


With the start of the summer, I've decided there should be a national holiday for all adults. It should be called "Embrace your inner child day!" I came up with this idea when my family and I took a Saturday to go down to the
Chattanooga Aquarium. I had never been to Chattanooga before and once their quickly fell in love with it. It reminded me of Burlington, making me miss walking up and down Church Street.
We began our day inside the aquarium around noon and didn't leave until three thirty. It was magical! I think that getting to go experience things like this even as a grown up is so much fun. There was a section on fish and they had a pond with sting rays and some other fish where you could pet them. I hesitantly stuck my hand in and reflexively ripped it out of the water after touching the slimy fish as if it had bitten me. A women working at the aquarium loved my reaction as I resorted to my childlike instincts!
Petting a fish or gazing at three levels of all sorts of creatures and fish is important and much needed. My favorite part had to be the
penguins! I happen to adore them and stood at the exhibit for nearly ten minutes taking pictures and wishing my roommate would let me have a penguin as a pet! So I think it's key to remember every once and a while to stop and embrace your natural kid instincts and have fun for a day. Order chicken fingers off the menu and run around outside barefoot! Whatever you do make sure you have fun and maybe take a picture so down the road you can look back at it and smile remembering that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment