Friday, April 23, 2010

video of pool rolling

So on Sunday I went to the pool where we keep a few kayaks to practice rolling in. Pool sessions allow a someone to be in the water and help break down the process and guide the students through the steps. I wanted to go and see if I could roll again because I have done it once. I like trying new things and challenging myself with things like this. I don't enjoy being under water like this, but would love to have the control to be able to roll myself back up so I have been working on it on an off over the last year. So during the pool rolling session I used the Wilderness's Programs awesome water proof camera and videoed another leader learning how to roll. In the video posted Tully rolls himself over and is grabbing Ronny's hands as he practices using his hips to flick himself up. Using your hips is crucial to the roll. So I hope you guys enjoy the video as much as I had making it!







No comments:

Post a Comment