Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seize the Day!

In only a few days, it will be September and a lot of people will be beginning a new year. Whether you are a freshmen going into high school or a freshmen going into college, nothing is more exciting than the possibilities of what the year will hold. I'm not a big New Year's fan because I think Fall feels more like the start of a new year.

In a mere few days, I will be taking the plunge just like so many freshmen, starting the semester in a new and foreign place, where I don't really know many people and where I have to learn the language. So I am with ya'll feeling nervous but wanting to do so much, while taking advantage of the the wonderful things the semester will hold.

A friend of mine recently told me, that while I'm abroad, it is really important to be open and flexible and not to turn down opportunities. I feel that too often I forget to enjoy the moment or forget to try something new -- even if it scares me. So, while I am in Italy, I'm going to try and seize the day while I am there and try new things (even if it means I have eating olives...which I don't particularly love).

I promise to upload lots of pictures and posts once I get set up and connected to the internet! Below is a silly picture I stumbled upon the other day. It was a Wednesday night, freshmen year, when I seized the opportunity to distract my friend Livy by duct tapping her to me! Pretty ridiculous, but this picture still makes me laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment